Clinical Supervisor Training Programme
Hesed House will provide a training programme designed to meet the standards adopted by the F.T.A.I. in May 2010, enabling participants to register as Systemic Psychotherapy Supervisors.
Who is this Course for?
Participants will be qualified and experienced Systemic Family Therapists with:
1. At least two years practice as a registered Psychotherapist
2. Evidence of good professional standing, including continued supervision during these years and compliance with the CPD requirements
3. Preferably, the responsibility for the supervision of others.
What is the Purpose of this Course?
To develop with participants:
- An understanding of theories of supervision
- An appreciation of the ethical aspects of supervision and the importance of reflexivity for the supervisor and supervisee
- The ability to develop a supportive, challenging and positive learning experience with supervisees
- An understanding of the range and possible complexities of different supervision contexts
What is the Course Content?
The course is a modular one and credits will be related to each module comprising a total of 30 credits.
The tutor lead part of the course includes seminars, the supervision of participants’ supervision, discussion of the practice and group process reflection on the practice (personal professional development).
The participants’ self-directed component of the practice includes supervision of others, of which at least half will be as supervisor of systemic practice, including live supervision and team supervision. Satisfactory completion of the course also includes self-directed learning in the form of reading, study, writing, viewing tapes etc., and completion and presentation of a written essay.
It is preferable that participants can meet the applied supervision practice in their own work context but Hesed House may also provide some practice possibility.
What is the Course Cost and Duration?
The cost of the course is €3,000.
The Course Director is Ed McHale, PhD.
The programme will take place on Fridays, approximately 1 day per month from March 2011 to June 2012.
01 - 4549474
74 Tyrconnell Road,
Inchicore, Dublin 8